Wednesday, October 05, 2005

BBQ Steamboat

It’s din din time again. First of all I would like to say sorry for the multiple delays I have cause as this dinner was suppose to happen like a mth ago. Sorry, sorry.

Too bad my phone was out of batt if not I would have took some pics. The dinner took place at this place called BBQ buffet steamboat or something like that. It’s located in Taman Shamelin. If you have been there before then it’s easy to find coz it’s opposite the Toyota service center and it has 2 giant prawns sitting at the entrance.

Well… like what the name suggest it’s a steamboat but with the addition of BBQ as one of the elements in it. I was curious at first when mi colleague went and BBQ the prawns, mantis prawns, chicken wings and lotsa other stuff. I went round the place and I found out that they are ample food to go round, not incredible in variety but enuff to keep your taste buds working the whole course of the dinner.

As a guy who seldom who was not allowed in the kitchen, I took prawns and sotong and also octopus. I did the teppanyaki style rite next to the BBQ grill. It was hot and definitely hardwork for it was kinda my first other than maggi and mee in my mug/cup.

Overall the experience was ok with a bit of cooking and frying. But I noted that some of the seafood was not really fresh from the ocean if you know what I mean. But for the price of 19.80 excluding drinks, what else can you ask for. You get your own self wrecking time where you cook your hearts out. You get waste time watching the food get cooked on the grill.

For those who wants to try some new style steamboat and BBQ fusion, this is the place.

BON APPETITE!!

No comments: