Thursday, October 06, 2005

Road Rage (To Be)??

I just finish lunch and was walking back to the office when I heard a plaintiff cry….
“Na… Na… Na…. Gud golly miss molly…”
Nah, if you knew the lyrics above, (yes it’s a song, duh) then you must either like oldies or it got stuck in your head due to the long hours your mum and dad plays them in da house, da car, and everywhere else…
The conversation was like “HOW CAN YOU DRIVE LIKE THAT”, or from how I perceive in his mind “WTH, HOW DARE YOU HIT ME”. As I stretched my eyeball I could see this white guy shouting at the poor bus driver. I didn’t get to hear much from the bus driver though.
The man continued shouting and I could see the bus driver numb, speechless. Well he might not be so well verse in english to converse back with the man. He looked so helpless or may be he is one of the heroes of our time, avoiding conflict at all cost. At this time they were both still in the middle of the road, still debating or rather the man was showing how wrong the bus driver was…
In the eye of the law the bus is definitely “Salah” as he hit “literally” hit the man’s butt. I didn’t know the course in the beginning or the end, but at that moment I guess the buss driver was polite, coz I can see in his face, he was not the guy in the arguing mode.
I don’t know the rest of the story after that as I still have a life to live so I continued to my office and working. But from what I have seen, who says Malaysians are the best in hospitality and worst in driving. The shouting and moving body parts are proves that not only Malaysians, but even those who are driving in Malaysia are in the worst category.
I don’t deny that I myself do tend to drive ala F1 or Initial D sometimes, not that I’m a bad driver or neither do I wan to show off, but you know ler it’s kinda like stress or may be you know ler Teng Wan mah, Ying Lo. I think its stress and a lack of self control. But I have not got down and shouted at any one yet to date. I was hit before and I just drove by the side and started to discuss like the A Long civilized human beings lah.

I think stress is just one part and self control is another. Someone made this equation
Emotions = fn(V)
If you take emotion is a function of an variable and that variable is let say the weather, then you would be worst than jekyl and hyde. At least he becomes bad at nite or after drinking some concoction. But this will be another subject…

Are we labeled correctly in the eyes of the world???
Or are we wrongly labeled??
I guess we will need to look deep down to find the answer ourselves!!!
Are you looking for the answer???

4 comments:

the devil herself said...

haha! i think driving in malaysia can get on one's nerves pretty easily so not only malaysian drivers, ourselves are bad drivers. drivers in msia are! :P

within 2 weeks of securing my license, i got what a normal/ "pro" driver would hv gotten: i got a few (note: not one, not two) summons, hit a cyclist (entirely her fault for dashing across a one-way street!) and ran out of fuel in the middle of a shopping centre (how irritating is that!). not bad ah?

zeroimpact said...

We can't do much if they don't want to live!!! jk...
I guess driving is like a big battle, a battle to avoid and avoid...
Avoid summon, avoid jams, avoid hitting, avoid being hit...
hai

the devil herself said...

some ppl just don't cherish their lives till the eleventh micro-second! haiz

zeroimpact said...

Totally agreed!!!
And let's not even go to those who does not cherish life at all...