Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Extinction Of Patience

I was driving home yesterday and boom, the usual thing happened. Bad bad traffic jam. It was normal as I was just driving past BTS and stopped as the traffic came to a hold again. It was just a normal frust stuck in traffic day until I heard a band. “THAK”. I turned but I could not see anything, then the lady driving the kancil beside me wound down the window and adjusted her side mirror, we exchanged smile and I knew what had happened. Some maniac must have been cursed with the impatient devil passed by. I dunno, but I assumed he must be in a hurry or emergency or tummy ache or just plain impatient and inconsiderate. Hey at least slow down when you are going thru narrow passage like between our cars, you idiot.
Some people do not have the values instilled in them. I am not against people who are in hurry or what, but at least have the decency to be done it in proper manner. Come to think of it, patience is something that is slowly going into extinction. I do lose it sometime but I have learnt that patience is always the best time management tools we have. Don’t mistake patience with procrastination though!!!
Haven’t you experience that because of your lack in patience, the result differed from what it should be. Like a dish for example, if you start pouring stuff into the pan when the oil is not hot enuf, then the result is devastating. What I am trying to say is that, we often forget how important it is to wait and be patient. We seem to be rushing here and there, doing things fast and urgently. But did we think back if those that we have done is the right thing and was it the best thing to be done. We always say “it could have been done better if only I have the time”, but is it really that we did not have time, or we were just impatient and wanted to get over it… think bout it.
Patience is another chapter in our life we need to learn and again it’s another lesson that is not easy to learn. We all know we should be patient, but how many can stand up proudly and say I am a man/woman of great patience or I have learnt every thing the lesson patience has to offer.
I was not born an angel and therefore I can say that I was one of those devil that broke lose from hell. I had very low patience level but then as we move on in life, the level increases, like when u play final fantasy saga, you gain experience as you proceed through the game. I am still learning this lesson at this moment as I do occasionally lose myself to the devil within.
We should revive the nearly extinct “Patience” back to our life. Just thing if it is totally extinct… what would happen to us, our children, or children’s children. Or should we just leave it
What kind of world are we creating for our children…
A world with or without patience…

1 comment:

Winn said...

it's ignorance that transforms people into impatience.