Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Blogger's Dilemma

A news article caught my attention this morning while I was flipping through the papers. The article is bout this duo in our neighboring country, Singapore, both bloggers in nature. They were charged in the court for placing racist comments, articles or as we call it blogs in their blogs page. According to the news it was a racism thing.

This is actually a big dilemma to all bloggers out there. Here we are putting our thoughts to pen and paper (so to speak) but some are being prosecuted for that. It’s my thoughts!! It’s my feelings!! It’s my opinion!! It’s my comments!! Why do you care bout me??!!

But I guess when the pen and paper goes public on the net it’s not so private anymore!! It’s not bout me anymore!! It’s so scary thinking that what you post today can be used against you tomorrow and it’s for the worst!! This is bad, very, very bad.

But I guess in the world of sophisticated technology anything private can become public in an instant. We are taking things for granted all the time. How many times have we heard of friends or family losing their mobile phone and lost all the phone numbers and important sms. With all the new technology around and our lack of alertness we start to keep credit card numbers and pass code, our ATM pass code and loads of other important information relating to our identity.

It’s like the IBM advertisement of their helpdesk. Are you feeling safe enough by storing all your important information and numbers in any electronic devices?? Or would you feel safer leaving all of them in your triple 5 booklet?? Or would you only trust your only mainframe, your brain, which is normally not used??

I guess there is no obvious answer in this matter as there are pros and cons in both. In the event the questions are thrown to you what would you answer??

Ponder a while, ask your heart, then let your brain decide!! Or your heart will decide??

1 comment:

Winn said...

Depending on the subject that matters , Racism is rampant , small country like M'sia and Sg canot afford to take the risk.It's more cost-effective to just get rid of those 'pests' than bringing back 512.