Monday, September 12, 2005

The Hitching Game

I guess the rules are simple

U meet some one, U get to know that some one,
U want to spend your life with that some one
U marries that some one

It seems very simple and easy to follow. But when u put emotions in the course of events then even the simplest things like cracking open a peanut a task more complicated than building the world's most sophisticated computer system.

I guess this is a contagious game itself, within 2 years all my friends (well at least all my close ones) are married.......MARRIED........NOT GETTING MARRIED.........

Don't get me wrong I am not grunting or anything, I do feel happy and wish them all a happy and healthy life. but the other thing that come to mind is when all of them are like focusing on me, disecting me like an insect with the "when's your turn" kinda questions.

Another question to ponder upon is the "play the groom" game which is a chinese tradition. Looking at all my friends and my friend's husband going through the process of drinking and eating things that has been prepared as well as playing the games specifically tailored for the groom actually made me think. Will I be going through the same process?? Do I want to go through the process that all my friends went through?? Am I prepared to go through it??

Is this game really contagious?? Is it because of influences from the people within your group of friends?? Or another big question mark is "It is because of age catching up on us??" I guess I will still be getting invitation from my other friends and still be asked the same questions.

When will it be my time?? I guess I am not ready as of this moment. Or is it not the right time?? When is the right time?? I guess I will know and I guess all my friends found their right time.

Here's wishing all a happy life for those who are married, a happy marriage for those who are going to be married and of course happu hunting for those who are still hunting

If you are thinking or preparing for your marriage do check out this site for some assistance

http://www.weddingsmalaysia.com/

No comments: