Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tragic Teacher

At first I thought it was a fate that befell a student. But then when I hear more on the radio and read more on the papers then I realized it was a teacher. Another sad story for the mourning of the nation. I guess you know what I am talking bout…. It’s the death of a Chinese primary school teacher. I have been listening more to the radio regarding this matter than what I have read. There has been lots of comments and debate over this matter over the past 2 days.

Before this the debate was regarding to send the children to Chinese of national school for education, which I guess a lot of Chinese or would I say majority votes to send their offspring to Chinese school. His death brought to light a few facts that we should look at.
According to the radio, some school personnel actually called in and commented on the issue that shook the nation. Some were telling tales about dropping fans, some was bout poverty of the furniture. One comment took me by surprise was that for these school to apply or to get funds from the government for construction of new buildings, they will have to first get half of the cold hard cash. And accordingly national schools will be fully funded.

I believe that not only a certain group sends their offspring to schools other than national schools, even those of different culture and values do that. So why not help all of them. I believe that our children are our pride & joy, our life, our future!! I can see a lot of activities among our children that we adults do not do (or can never do). Cherish them and help them build a nation that can be proud of!! If we do not start then who will.

This incident actually brought to light another small thing to remember. Do you want to send your children to a safer school?? This time it’s a teacher….. next time it could be your child…..
Let us remember this dedicated teacher who has taught so many. Let us remember our role in society so we could prevent such tragic event from ever happening again.

Help your child decide his/her future…. Lead him/her to a future where all live in harmony, peace and loving society. Educate them to start a community that may not only benefit us, themselves but may be one day to all mankind. Let us show the world we live together, one nation, one country, Malaysia!!

No comments: