Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fire!! Fire!!

RRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!! The alarm went off like it’s the last time to annoy anyone. The fire alarm went off, and I was sitting at my place chatting on using IM. I had to bid farewell to my fellow chatters to say I will be right back after the fire. It’s normal in my office when the alarm goes off, every one will still stick to their sticky seats typing and staring at the monitor. I was one of them. I guess we have gotten used to these kinds of fire drills as well as the false alarms that occur once in a while.

I guess this typically reflects life as well. So often in life we take things for granted as they are sent to our doorsteps in a silver platter. How often have we stop and ponder upon ourselves and ask who we are or what have we done or what have we achieved?

It’s often enough that among our friends, relative and even ourselves, have regretted a thing or two. How many times have we say “I should have treated him/her better”, “I should have visited him/her when I was free/had the chance”, or “I should have told him/her when I had the chance”.

So many have said it’s his/her own fault that it has ended the way it is, but they never thought that those are the exact word they muttered with crying eyes and moaning lips. They were given the same remarks are they have given to other before as well.

No one is perfect, but learning is the stepping stone which we should take. We should learn to appreciate not only those that we work for, but for the things that we earn from the giving hands of others. Most of these can be earn only once and if unappreciated you may never find it for a second time. Even if you manage to earn a second time, it will be totally different.

I have been such a person, taking things for granted. What if it was a real fire, I would have been a victim!! Why do we keep gambling with our lives?? When are we going to learn?? When am I going to learn?? Have I learnt from all my past mistakes?? I don’t know!!?? I don’t know!!
I do sincerely express my apologies to all my princesses, for all the wrong that I have done, and my heartfelt wishes are with you for happiness and joy, wherever you are!!

“Those we work for, can be gained again through work, those we gain from others, will never be the same even given a second chance”

No comments: