Wednesday, September 14, 2005

New World Wonders (In the making)

I heard 2 things bout Singapore today on the radio while I was driving to work this morning. It kinda sparks some “wow”s and some laughs.

  1. They built the worlds largest reverse osmosis (I don’t remember the exact name) plant. This plant actually turns sea water into drinking water. Bravo!!

  2. They are building if I am not mistaken the largest Ferris wheel in the world. It will be roughly 45 storey high

Come to think of it, this is good news for south East Asia!! Bravo!! I guess they have realized that owning a plant and even if it only support like 10% of the usage in their own country at the moment but at least it’s an interim solution. Just in case other people decided to close the tap.

The Ferris wheel project actually made me laugh if not a very wide smile. It’s been like ages since I or I think a lot of people can do that in the midst of jam in the morning. Don’t get me wrong I am not laughing at the idea; I am merely amused by the comment made by the DJs. According to them the Ferris wheel is said to be so high and you can see the view of 3 countries at the highest point. You will be able to see the view of Singapore of course, southern peninsular Malaysia, and also Sumatra, Indonesia!! Imagine that you don’t have to waste money going to 3 countries if you merely want to sightsee. Just visit Singapore and ride the wheel man!! Who can top that? It can carry about 800 person at any 1 time!!

One comment that made me smile was that if you are up there then you would be able to see where the hotspots are especially this time of the year. You will be able to clearly see the spots where open burning is happening. So will this help to prevent as they are now more visible?? So if you want to know where it’s burning go up the wheel!! So it does not only make money but also help in preventing open burning!! Are we finally gonna say goodbye to haze with the new wheel?? Let’s wait and see.

I guess we can be really proud that we have so much here, and way to go to our neighbor. I can’t wait for the Ferris wheel. Until then just imagine sitting in this gigantic booth with about 70 people enjoying the view of 3 countries………

No comments: