Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Tragic Story

This disturbing news kept playing in my mind since I read bout the news 2 days ago. It’s this case bout a couple which happened very close to us. According to what I have read on the papers, there’s this girl who is 8 months pregnant who was stabbed by her boyfriend whom she has been with for the last 3 years……. In this incident the girl was saved but they lost the baby…….

I’ve been thinking bout this matter the last 2 days. Is this a window to our future?? Will this be a normal occasion of our children? Our children’s children?? Another disturbing thing that keeps scrolling in my mind like a banner screensavers is that they are students!!

I still remember this moral subject which we have in class. We used to joke that the way to be a moral person is to be an immoral person coz during that time it seems that the ones who gets the highest mark are those so called mob of the class. The naughty ones will get high marks. I of coz being a between person gets the in between marks…..

I guess what I am trying to say is “What is happening to our society!!??” Is it that bad!! We seem to see repots on rape, abduction, murder and so forth day in and day out!! What does it take to educate our society? How many more lives have to be taken away for us to realize that we have to care for each other to survive? I recall the last incident which I read sometime ago about this girl in Japan who stabbed her friend or something like that. The girl was 7 years old….. FOR GOD’S SAKE……. 7 years old.

I guess I am not so surprise when I first read bout it but I was shocked when I read on. It took away an innocent life from this world. An innocent soul that has not even breathed his/her first breath of air in this world. I guess I mourn for the little one….. As for the big ones I guess this is a big lesson for them as well as all the big, small & medium ones out there. Always think before you do something.
The burning questions that should light up in the mind should be “can you take the consequences??”
Let’s hope we will not hear of these incidents in the future no matter here in our backyard or opposite the river in the land beyond.

No comments: