Thursday, September 22, 2005

Help! Help! Help!

“Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!”. A loud bang is heard, the sound of metal hitting flesh and bones. That would most probably what would have happened if I overtook the old car in front. I am not the model driver or what but neither am I a reckless driver. But how to be calm while driving in the morning as people around you start cutting in queues from god knows where. That is why I fully support the act of summoning those drivers especially those who did their share of cutting at the Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka area in the morning.
Coming back to this morning, this girl is barely 20 or in her early 20s, I think she might be a college student or some sort. She just left her condo gate and walked across the road without even looking straight, she was looking at her shoes or something. The lady in front of mi was actually driving slowly and stopped as the girl was right in front of her. She was stunned, both of them I guess. The girl was so stunned she looked horrified with her eyes wide open and one hand still clinging to her shoe. At that moment it made me wonder if I was driving in front she might have drawn her last breath standing as normally I don’t drive slow (I consider 20 to 30 is slow as a turtle).
I don’t know what is going on in her mind, she might be facing some problems of some sort. Don’t you have these kinda sessions before, where you keep asking what is this happens to me, what if that happens to me. Is it just in our mind or are we all phobia of death or bad luck. We always say if this happens this is how I will react and this is what I want to do. But if it really happens, do you think you will be able to do all those stated before. Haven’t you tried to comfort a friend or colleague and you get the remark “what do you know, it’s not you that’s going through the tough time”. Many a times I wanted to bite back, “if you’re so tough, then don’t come asking “what to do what to do”, and whine like a baby”, but only if they come asking for it. That is why I normally keep quiet until they ask for opinions
We always say we know and we understand or we’ve been through it before. But did we really go through those that they are going through. Can we compare our experience with the pain they are so seemingly going through with so much pain? Can we even help them or are we even supposed to help them?? I guess its trial and error in this situation, if they accept then its ok, if not then the remarks will start barking at you.
I guess you have to be careful in helping as they might bite you back, so take heed. I hope I don’t have to go through too many bad times as well as all my friends. So think positive and let’s make a better world.

Peace to all

No comments: